Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's all good

I am so incredibly blessed. Thursday, as I was stressing out and trying to plan a "new" Knapp vacation, my in-law's came over. My father-in-law and Luke put door handles on our doors, and my mother-in-law got a lot of organizing done. Friday I was able to finish the organizing, did some cleaning, and we were able to successfully host our potluck group. It was so wonderful to be able to relax with friends in our new home.

As far as vacation goes, it got re-routed to St. Louis, MO. It doesn't seem like a real exciting place, but there is so much to do! I got a hotel downtown, and have planned everything and made all the reservations for everywhere yesterday. Here's a list of some of the great things I found for the family to do!

Grant's Farm: A 281 acre farm holding over 1000 different kinds of animals, and home to the famous Budweiser Clydesdales. Another plus; admission is free
The Gateway Arch: Everyone knows about this. You can ride a tram to the top, and also look around in museum
St. Louis Zoo: A 90 acre zoo that is home to over 5000 different animals. It's free too!
City Museum: Home to a 3 story jungle gym, ball pit, as aquarium, art city, architecture, pipe organ, shoelace factory, and a glass studio. Fun for kids of all ages
Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour: See how the beer is made, and at the end, you can try some samples (if you are over 21)
Union Station: Shopping, restaurants, history, and lots of neat architecture (for those engineers such as my husband who love that kind of thing)
St. Louis Historical Courthouse: Courthouse that held the Dred Scott case. Watch a video about the case, and see more neat architecture
Busch Stadium: Games are hit and miss, but it's cool to see anyway

I was really surprised at all the stuff there was to do! I getting excited about it!

1 comment:

Traever Guingrich said...

the city meseum and zoo are both fun. we made a weekend of it with some couples and had a blast.