Friday, May 29, 2009

I have a garden!!

It's being a little neglected due to my sleeping most of the day, but things are popping out of the ground!

I'd show you pictures, but blogger is being uncooperative.

Anyway, the transition to nights is going...it's not terrible, but it's not exactly great either.

I leave for work at 10:30pm, work from 11pm-8am, and then crash (and I do mean crash) into bed about 8:30am, sleep until about 3 (the latest I've been able to sleep), get up, do some stuff until about 5, sleep until about 7, and then get up, eat dinner, try to clean up the house, and then head back to work.

I'm pretty sure that's a run-on sentence.

One thing I'm hoping will change is the whole eating thing. My stomach doesn't really tolerate food at 3am. So by the time I get off work and it's been 12 hours since I last ate, I'm really hungry.

3 comments:

Mawshy said...

Sounds like Joel... he works 11 to 7:30, comes home, crashes, wakes up, eats, sleeps again, goes to work. The life of a 3rd shifter....

Anonymous said...

We want to see pictures!!!!

Good to hear you are adjusting a little. Your schedule sounds perfect to me! I am a night owl and thankfully I'm working 2nd shift (2p-10p) right now which is really nice. Summer class starts in a week and I've got a 7:30am on M/W! This could be bad!!!

erin said...

Aww...I remember the nights working at the Nursing Home...how jealous I was of the residents sleeping so peaceful in their beds as I struggled to keep my eyes open. There was no better feeling than when 6:45 rolled around and I was able to go home and climb between the cool sheets. Now I'm up at strange times for an entirely different reason and I don't get to "clock out" until Grandma arrives!:)