Thursday, July 11, 2013

Marlboro Man Sandwich...my version


I made my own version of this sandwich for dinner last night, and it was delicious! I went off this recipe from Pioneer Woman. 

Since we get a quarter of a cow whenever we buy beef, it comes with a few cuts that I'm not sure what to do with. This one used cube steak, but since that wasn't a cut I had on hand, I used round steak and it was plenty tender. We added mushrooms instead of the onions since mine were moldy.  :-s

I also toasted the buns, but without butter. I just put them in the toaster oven and they got plenty crispy. We added mayonnaise on our buns and put cheese on top. Shredded lettuce would have been a good addition, but we didn't have any.

Luke thought they tasted like steak and fries, only less greasy.  :)

Here is my version:

3 lbs cube steak
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
1 stick butter
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
lawry's salt
mozzarella cheese, either shredded or sliced
mayonnaise
buns

Cook mushrooms in 3-4 tbl butter until tender. Set aside. Sprinkle lawry's salt over steaks and slice into very thin strips. Add 4 tbl butter and cook through. Add worcestershire sauce and simmer for 5 min. Cut buns and toast in toaster oven or oven. Serve with toppings of your choice.

No comments: