Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lions, tigers, and giraffes...oh my!

We just got back from a wonderful vacation on Friday night, and I've got lots of pictures. But for the sake on not getting out of order, I'll blog my pictures up to our trip first.  :) (oh, and if you're wondering why I'm blogging at 9:30 on a Sunday morning, it's because Bridget has pink eye and I stayed home with her)

A couple weeks ago our great niece was here (she lives in Iowa) and she turned 7 during her stay! To celebrate Tammy invited us along to the zoo. I think we picked the hottest day of the year so far. We were all dripping. I was watching Ava that day, so she came along with us. I was a little intimidated by taking all 3 to the zoo but they all did so wonderful! I didn't, however, get any pictures of the whole sweaty group, or of the birthday girl since all 3 kids were dying by lunch time. We had a picnic lunch and then headed home. They all fell asleep before we even drove out of the park!
 Checking out the giraffes with grandma



 My only picture of the group. 

 Notice the wet hair? 

 Looking at this picture now, Ava looks totally miserable! :)  However, she really did have fun, and kept pointing to the animals and saying "ooooh!"

Taking a little break in the shade

We really did have a fun time, despite the heat, and we are looking forward to our next (and hopefully cooler) zoo day!

No comments: